Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 12 Recap

Once again, thank you all for joining the conference call this morning. Rather than write a newsletter this week, I decided to simply post a transcript of today’s call. Enjoy!

* * * * *

Boogie: “Thanks to everyone for calling in so early this morning. Before I recap Week 12, I thought it’d be nice if everyone on the call could introduce themselves and let us know where you’re calling-in from. I’ll begin. This is Co-Commissioner Boogie, and I’m calling in from a dog park. I’m currently standing around waiting for my girlfriend’s dog to drop a deuce. As soon as he does, I’ll be ready to pick it up and say something ridiculous like, ‘Good boy – I’m so proud of you!’ Who’s next?”

TP: “This is co-commissioner Pawlicki. I’m calling in from a top secret studio where I’m working on the videos from Weeks 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.”

Kav: “This is Coach Kav. I must have dialed the wrong number. I meant to hit the speed dial button for 1-900-BIG-B00BS.”

Saber: “This is Saber. I’m calling in from my girlfriend’s dog house.”

Fryx: “Fryxell here. I’m sitting on my toilet. Hearing Boogie talk about his girlfriend’s dog dropping a deuce got me in the mood.”

Willey: -whispering- “Hey guys, it’s Willey. I’m supposed to be reading today’s school announcements over the intercom, but instead I’m hiding under my desk.”

Swanny: “This is Swanny. I’m reading through the contract my wife just handed me. Apparently she’s refusing to sleep with me until I shave my playoff ‘stache. Oh well, I guess a one week stretch won’t kill me.”

CCD: “CCD here. I’m working on my resume. It should be ready to send to Jack Swarbrick this afternoon.”

B Jones: -breathing heavily- “This is Brennan. I’m on a short pre-work bike ride. I just passed the Paul Bunyan statue on the outskirts of Bemidji.”

B: “This is Big B. I’m sitting naked at my dining room table, eating a bowl of ‘y charms’.”

Fryx: “What are ‘y charms’?”

B: “You know, the cereal with the frosted oats and colored marshmallows and the leprechaun on the box.”

Fryx: “You mean ‘Lucky Charms?’”

B: “I don’t know what ‘Luck’ is, so I just call them ‘y charms’.”

Boogie: “OK, I think I should probably cut in here. Now it’s time for the Week 12 recap. TP, Willey, Fryxell, Kav, and Big B all had impressive victories. Macon won for the 8th consecutive week and secured the regular season championship. In a losing effort, CCD secured 2nd place in the regular season. Swanny put up the third highest point total, but because he was playing TP, he lost by 41 points and dropped his fifth consecutive game!

In the Biel division, it looks like CCD, Swanny, and Boogie are going to make the playoffs. Although if Swanny or Boogie looses while putting up a small point total – and Kav or B Jones win and put up a big number – it’s possible that Kav and/or Brennan could leapfrog their way into the playoffs.

In the Alba division, things are still extremely tight. Willey and Fryx are both 5 – 7, but Willey has 12 more points so he’s currently in a position to edge Fryx out of the playoffs. If Willey and Fryx both win, though, and Saber looses – then Saber would likely be the odd man out. If Willey and Fryx both lose and TP wins, however, then TP will likely leapfrog into the playoffs. All of the different scenarios are making my head hurt.

For as long as I’ve been involved with Fantasy Football, there has never been a season where every single team still has a chance at making the playoffs in the final week. What we’re experiencing right now is UNPRECEDENTED, gentlemen. Let’s all try to enjoy it.

May the best teams win."

No comments:

Post a Comment