Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Draft vs. Auction

Last night I had a traditional "snake" draft. Two things jumped out at me: (1) auctions are way funner, and (2) it's easier to get a better team via a traditional snake draft - especially if you get the first pick overall (which I did).

In case any of you are interested, I've posted the team I drafted below. The picks are listed in the order that I selected them, and I've also included how much they cost at our auction. IF I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO SELECT THIS SAME TEAM DURING OUR AUCTION, I WOULD HAVE NEEDED $280 INSTEAD OF $200! The rules were the same: 10 teams in the league; 13 players on each team. (And, yes, there are a lot of really smart owners in this league.)

Round 1. Chris Johnson ($73)
Round 2. Miles Austin ($36)
Round 3. Tony Romo ($20)
Round 4. Arian Foster ($33)
Round 5. LeSean McCoy ($30)
Round 6. Wes Welker ($27)
Round 7. DeWayne Bowe ($22)
Round 8. Mike Wallace ($15)
Round 9. Joe Flacco ($11)
Round 10. Malcolm Floyd ($10)
Round 11. Owen Daniels ($1)
Round 12. Fred Jackson ($1)
Round 13. Rob Bironas ($1)

1 comment:

  1. Think about that though, you spent $280 on the same amount of guys, that means a bunch of people would have spent less than $200 for their teams. Either some of us really over paid for guys, or you have some really bad teams in that league.

    ReplyDelete